LBPEA9 forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» EO on "Guidelines on Assignment....."
financial assistance flooding lbp employees EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 8:47 pm by vhinzpaul

» SSL 3 DEVELOPMENTS
financial assistance flooding lbp employees EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 12:56 am by ogiealcasid

» SEPARATE HMO PROVIDER WITH LBP NCR AND LBP PROVINCES
financial assistance flooding lbp employees EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 1:36 am by ogiealcasid

» UPDATES ON OUR HMO PROVIDER
financial assistance flooding lbp employees EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 7:59 pm by Admin

» LBPEA MEETING ON JULY 9-11, 2009
financial assistance flooding lbp employees EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 5:49 pm by Admin

» SSL 3 ISSUES AND CONCERNS
financial assistance flooding lbp employees EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 5:06 pm by Admin

» BENEFITS FOR JULY 2009
financial assistance flooding lbp employees EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 4:58 pm by Admin

» refund????
financial assistance flooding lbp employees EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 1:15 am by Admin

» NEW COMPENSATION PACKAGE
financial assistance flooding lbp employees EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 3:25 am by Admin

Gallery

financial assistance flooding lbp employees Empty
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

financial assistance flooding lbp employees

2 posters

Go down

financial assistance flooding lbp employees Empty financial assistance flooding lbp employees

Post by lbpeabuk_ac Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:17 pm

LBP rank and file employees are flooded with numerous letters asking for financial assistance. During the campaign period COLA-BEP in its platform, promised to take charge of this assistance. What happened to that promise? COLA-BEP?
lbpeabuk_ac
lbpeabuk_ac

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

financial assistance flooding lbp employees Empty Re: financial assistance flooding lbp employees

Post by lito Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:57 am

Mar,

Good Day!

Sorry if I, as president of LBPEA, was not able to act on your request for fund, thus stalling the good undertakings of LBPEA conceptualized in your local chapter. When you submitted the documents that we asked you as support for the 20% share we have computed based on the remittance from your area, the Voucher was prepared immediately.

However, despite our desire to release as fast as possible what is due to the local area, it could not be done without the concurrence of the treasurer. I don't want to argue about the duties and powers of the treasurer only because he is the counter signatory of this disbursement. He certainly could not be blamed if he is extra cautious in disbursing LBPEA fund for his credibility is always put at risk because he is mandated by our CBL.

Even if we have planned very noble undertakings for LBPEA that need disbursement of fund, in the event that the treasurer disagrees, he will prevail and the disbursement would not be possible.

Also, even if all the other officers fully perpetrate themselves in the LBPEA Office, still most tangible projects would not be produced if the treasurer will always feel hesitant due to fear that he will be ultimately held liable in case the project turns ill-fated. Hence, the success of the implementation of every LBPEA undertaking would always depend on how the treasurer views these said proposals. Even more, as I said, I don't like to question his choices for what he decides on is under his authority as officer. This same authority which even overpowers that of the President and the Board of Directors, makes their positions look inferior rather than what they are supposed to be.

Therefore, it could be said that there are some flaws in the CBL which contributed to this disappointment in our part. With this, we must all seek for the appropriate agenda to solve the problem at hand so as to propel LBPEA into a dynamic and productive institution for the general welfare of its members.

Given this opportunity, I would like to propose what I believe would be best to avoid the reoccurring of such situation. First, we have to exonerate the Treasurer from monetary accountability for the disbursements in pursuance of LBPEA projects which he did not initiate. Then, let the President be held sole accountable/liable for the disbursement of fund for LBPEA which the Board of Directors has initiated/recommended and/or he, himself, has implemented.

With all these in mind, I would guarantee you that I would do every possible move to ensure that there would be no more similar hindrances to the disbursements for essential projects of our institution. For the mean time, it is best that you coordinate with the Treasurer to follow-up or inquire about the details of your requests. I hope this letter enlightens you and those who have also submitted their claims.

Thank you.

lito

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-12-11

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum